Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Interesting boxing matches

Hello again, time for another little blog post.
I started fitness boxing earlier this year. I wanted to get in shape, was a bit influenced by Hajime no Ippo and thought that boxing seemed like a more interesting and more balanced workout than just jogging and going to the gym. At first I only trained 2 times a week. But then I started training at another club too and now I'm training 6 times a week. Yesterday I first had a 1h 15 min training after which i ran 10 km in less than an hour. I felt like Rocky Balboa.

Well since I started doing fitness boxing I've gotten a bit interested in watching professional boxing too. Right now I'm looking forward to 3 boxing matches. The first one is coming up pretty soon:
Floyd Mayweather vs Oscar De La Hoya the 5th of May. I've watched a few of Mayweather's fights and he has super handspeed. I haven't seen any De La Hoya matches but I hear he's really good. Mayweather is undefeated and De La Hoya has lost 4 of his last 11 fights I think. At first I thought De La Hoya wasn't going to have a chance, but he's a bit taller and stronger I think and I heard his recent losses were slightly controversial or something. So it seems it could be interesting. There's also a 4 episode TV-show called something like "Mayweather - De La Hoya 24/7" that you can find the first two episodes of on youtube. It shows both fighters training and stuff like that to get you excited for the fight. Mayweather really manages to come across as very annoying during some press conferences so it would be fun to see him to get knocked out.

The next one is Finland's best boxer Amin Asikainen's title defense against Sebastian Sylvester. I think Amin is training in Teneriffa right now or something. I hope he wins and retains his lossfree record as well as his eu or european title (can't remember which one it is).
Then on the 7th of July Vladimir Klitschko is having a fight against some guy he lost to some time ago. I've seen a few of his matches and he's really good. Could be interesting to see if this guy can put up more of a fight than his last opponent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just love boxing :-)